The state of Virginia is having a Sales Tax Holiday on August 7-9, 2015.
During the sales tax holiday period, consumers can purchase qualifying school supplies, clothing, footwear, hurricane and emergency preparedness items, and Energy Star and WaterSense products without paying sales tax. This includes qualifying items purchased online, by mail or over the phone.
May Supply has several products that qualify, including WaterSense faucets and duct tape. The following is a summary of items from the State of Virginia‘s website that qualify:
Overview of Exempt Items:
School Supplies, Clothing, and Footwear:
- Qualified school supplies – $20 or less per item
- Qualified clothing and footwear – $100 or less per item
- Detailed list of school supplies, clothing and footwear
Hurricane and Emergency Preparedness Items:
- Portable generators – $1,000 or less per item
- Gas-powered chainsaws – $350 or less per item
- Chainsaw accessories – $60 or less per item
- Other specified hurricane preparedness items with a sales price of $60 or less per item
- Detailed list of hurricane preparedness items
Energy Star and WaterSense Items:
Qualifying items carrying either the Energy Star or WaterSense label with a sales price of $2,500 or less purchased for noncommercial home or personal use.
- Qualifying Energy Star items include dishwashers, clothes washers, air conditioners, ceiling fans, light bulbs, dehumidifiers, and refrigerators
- Qualifying WaterSense items include bathroom sink faucets, faucet accessories such as aerators and shower heads, toilets, urinals, and landscape irrigation controllers
- Detailed list of Energy Star and WaterSense items