Bacteria Water Test
Bacteria Testing at May Supply Company in Harrisonburg, VA
Does May Supply test for bacteria in water?
Yes! May Supply has a state-certified bacteriological testing laboratory at our Harrisonburg location.
How do I have my water tested for bacteria?
- Come to May Supply counter sales area to pick up a water sample bottle. You will be given a special sample bottle specifically for the bacteria test and a test form to fill out. Payment is collected when you drop off the sample.
- Follow the sample collection instructions printed on the back of the test form.
- Review the lab’s hours and drop-off days so you can plan when to take the sample and bring it back to May Supply.
- Samples must be brought back to May Supply within 8 hours of when it is taken. Because the test takes 24 hours to complete, bacteria test samples are only accepted Monday-Thursday.
How long the test take, and how do I find out the results?
- Bacteria tests will be started by 4:00pm the day the sample is dropped, and will take 24 hours to complete.
- May Supply will contact you by 4:00pm the following day to give you the results.
- Any sample dropped off prior to 4:00pm which needs to be started immediately will incur a $15 rush charge, and one of the lab technicians must be notified that it is a rush test when the sample is dropped off.
If my bacteria test comes back positive, what do I do?
- At that time, one of May Supply’s lab technicians will consult with you to determine the best solution for your individual situation.