May Supply has the following positions available:
At this time, May Supply is hiring for a FULL-TIME LABORATORY SUPERVISOR. To be considered for this position, please fill out the application below and return to May Supply Company, at our main location: 1775 Erickson Avenue, Harrisonburg, VA 22801 or email your completed application to Mike Heatwole, Sales Manager & Laboratory Director include the subject line LABORATORY SUPERVISOR APPLICATION.
Download an Application for Employment
Water Quality Specialist/Technician
May Supply Company is a family founded plumbing supply company. With a strong core investment in water quality, consumer and customer education is a turn-key priority of ours. This is an opportunity to help your community achieve clean drinking water in every home and industry. Some of the primary responsibilities will include water testing, analysis, data entry and treatment recommendation and sales. Other responsibilities include; supporting our sales team, answer questions within the water treatment market, and provide technical troubleshooting.
- Work closely with current and prospective customers to understand business needs and provide technical support for resolving customer challenges
- Develop relationships with adjacent stakeholders including water treatment dealers and industry experts
- Engage in problem solving by performing water testing and analysis, interpreting data and providing recommendations to ensure water treatment recommendations will perform at optimal levels.
- Work with manufacturing partners to promote and appropriately apply equipment for each unique water quality need.
- 2+ years of sales or technical sales experience
- High computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn internal business systems)
- Prior experience that demonstrates a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
- History of working in a field that required independence and self-motivation
- Ability to travel to customer sites as required or for industry education
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental or related Natural Sciences field
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
- Laboratory exposure
- Excellent communication skills to work with customers, sales team, professional organizations and government entities
- Competitive salary with company-wide bonus opportunity
- Excellent benefits
- Opportunity for growth and industry related certifications
- Vacation and PTO
- Retirement Plan with Company Contribution
Job Type: Full-time